06 June 2013

Installing elance Tracker

I have had some trouble installing elance Tracker. The problem was not actually with the installation as such, but with actually getting my hands on the installation media. The script on the tracker download page just did nothing. Nothing at all. No downloads. No installation.

The solution was quite simple though. On a Linux machine you will see "Also available for Windows and Mac OS X". Click on the Windows Tracker link. Similarly, if you are running a Windows machine you will see a similar link for the Linux Tracker. Of course, this assumes that you have access to both types of machines.

Once the downloads have completed, just go and head and install the .exe or .deb file as you normally would. In both cases you need to install Adobe Air first.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having similar issues! I uninstalled adobe air by accident and now I can't get Tracker to work. I installed Air again, I uninstalled and reinstalled Tracker. I can't get it to work again. Keeps telling me it can't find Adobe Air. I'm about to throw my laptop out the window in frustration.

    ReplyDelete