"An army marches on its stomach"
and I have the apetite of a one man army. So I was a little concerned when I learned that I would only be able to take about 4 kg of food for FIVE WHOLE DAYS, in which I would be doing some pretty strenuous exercise. But with a bit of thought, some consultation and a good portion of guesswork (I am an experimentalist at heart), I have come up with a menu which will hopefully satisfy the hungry beast within.
- 49 g sachet Hammer Recoverite
- 100 g hydration powder
- 2 bank bags of home made trail mix
- 100 g soya mince
- 100 g mixture of oats and Amandla Plus mealie meal, sugar and cinnamon
- two 85 g sachets of John West tuna
- a few Sparkles
- 2 dried pear halves
- 14 g sachet Rehidrat
- 1 small ziplock bag of Nescafe granules
- 3 tiny salt sachets
- 1 vacuum-packed date square (for my pudding!)
Day 3: same as Day 1.
Day 4: same as Day 1.
Day 5: same as Day 1, except no Recoverite, soya mince, tuna, Rehidrat or date square, and only one bag of trail mix.
- one date square
- one tuna sachet
- one vanilla bean Gu energy gel
- two nut Jungle energy bars
- 3 sachets salt
- Rehidrat sachet
- peanuts and raisins
- goji berries
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- dried banana